Tuesday 20 March 2012

Tuesday 20th March 2012 - Lunchtime

The first lambs of the spring brightened the day on the land whilst it was very much the same out on the water in pairs of Redshank and Oystercatcher and a triple for Green Sandpiper.

Kingfishers in three different places along the Ouse was a big bonus and a welcome sight after the last couple of winters.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And from Andy M via email.

Was down at MF around 4.30 this afternoon myself hoping I might catch the wheatear you located but I had no luck either. I did locate two separate chiff chaff though - one in the trees along the top track behind the depot with all the blue pallets and another in the bushes along back brook at the bottom of the same field. These are the first I've heard there this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment