Saturday 21 May 2011

Sat 21st May - Poss Litte Stint per NBBR

From SiNich

Probable LITTLE STINT this evening at Manor Farm this evening - Andy M has emailed me the below, seems pretty good description :-


"I don't know if anyone can help but I have just returned from Manor Farm, Old Wolverton and am pretty sure I've seen a Little Stint on the main island working along the 'shoreline'.

I am a fairly inexperienced birder so any confirmation of this sighting would be much appreciated. I've checked through my Collins guide and it seems consistent on the basis of size (it stood next to a pied wagtail for a bit and the body size was about the same, minus the wagtails tail obviously) and plumage (distinct cream lines down the back form the nape, upper mottled with dark spots and lower clean white - no dark markings as with 'sumplum' Dunlin) also a dark straight bill and dark legs."

No comments:

Post a Comment